INTRO TO TIG WELDING
Introduction to techniques and best practices for TIG Welding.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Interested in the world of welding? Maybe you just bought a new welder for a home project and need a solid introduction to get up and running. Or maybe you’re just curious how welding works. This is a great way to get expert advice on welding techniques and best practices.
In a semi-private class (maximum of 4), students will learn basic tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding in this class. Students will create quality, precise weld beads on mild (thin) steel using this technique, which produces highly controllable welds on stainless, aluminum, and bronze and is often used on aesthetic welds of small to large projects.
- Location: Maketory
- Mandatory Safety Equipment: Closed-toed shoes made of natural fibers or leather, natural fiber or leather long sleeved shirt, natural fiber or leather long pants.
- Welding hood, gloves and jacket will be provided by Maketory.
- Advisable: Leather welding jacket, leather welding pants, leather boots, respirator, and hearing protection.
- Minimum Age: 18, or 15 or older if accompanied by an adult.
- Group discounts available: 2 tickets = 10% discount 3 or more tickets = 15% discount
- If class is sold out and you have a group interested, please contact us directly to coordinate a new date.
- This is a 3 hour class on Saturday’s from 1pm – 4pm.
- We require at least 3 participants to run the course. In the event we do not reach 3 participants we will reach out to reschedule for the following Saturday or issue a refund, whichever you prefer.
- Participants must be 18 or older. Or 15 or older if accompanied by an adult.
- Hearing protection and safety glasses will be provided by Maketory.
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided by Maketory.
- Tickets are nonrefundable (unless class is cancelled) and can not be used for another date.
- Maketory is a membership based facility. This class is open to nonmembers however, active members receive discounts on classes. If you are interested in membership please contact us at (858)252-1919 or email@example.com